Scheduled Oil Sampling is fluid maintenance and is necessary to keep machines and engines operating at peak performance. The value of any fluid analysis program like Riggs Cat’s SOS Online Service is early detection of potential or confirmed problems before they cause damage to a machine. Sampling fluids throughout the machine lifecycle can optimize performance, maximize productivity, reduce operating costs and increase resale values.
Using sophisticated analytical technology, the experts at Caterpillar’s S·O·S Services lab perform testing on oil, coolant and fuel samples that have been taken at regularly scheduled intervals. Printed or electronic reports provide you with clear, concise and timely reports reflecting careful interpretations and recommendations. We are also available to answer any questions as well as discuss report specifics.
Riggs Cat can help you develop a plan uniquely suited to your operation, taking into consideration the various models of equipment that you operate, the kind of work you do and your current maintenance practices.
Why every machine owner needs SOS Services:
- Detects problems early, so they can be repaired before they become major failures.
- Helps you schedule downtime to fit your workload.
- Monitors positives as well as negatives, so that you won’t have to pay for repair of components that are not worn out.
- Allows you to monitor maintenance schedules to verify that routine maintenance has been performed.
- Enables you to better manage budgets by predicting repairs, downtime and equipment life.
- Helps you develop a complete service history for each machine. This proves invaluable when evaluating performance and planning replacement purchases.
- Documents service history for a higher price at trade-in or sale.